The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
At Bassingham, we believe that the best teaching comes from First Wave Quality Teaching. Pupils need to receive good quality teaching every lesson, every day. Interventions are delivered to compliment this high quality teaching that we strive to deliver on a daily basis.
Where Has Our Pupil Premium Previously Been Allocated?
- The purchase of new intervention resources for mathematics and phonics
- Additional support for phonics intervention
- Additional support for mathematics intervention
- Training in counselling for a teaching assistant
- Purchase of resources to provide counselling support
Where Has Our Service Premium Previously Been Allocated?
- Our service children allocation is used to focus primarily on any emotional and social support that our service children may require
- The further development of Forest School area
- Additional opportunities for Forest School experiences
Where Has Our Sports Premium Previously Been Allocated?
- By buying specialist sports coaching to enrich our current provision - a wider variety of sports have been taught, more teachers are confident in delivering and assessing high quality Physical Education through professional development training - £8,100 cost
- By supporting the costs of our children attending extra-curricular specialist provision - we have been able to support through subsidies more children attending clubs provided by specialist coaches - 31 children at football and multi-sports clubs - £850 cost (inclusive of travel costs to sporting events)