“Learning can unlock the treasures that lies within us all. In the
21st century, knowledge and skills will be the key to success…
Good teachers, using the most effective methods, are the key to
higher standards.” DfEE, Excellence in Schools 1997
At Bassingham Primary School we aim to create a caring, stimulating and happy environment in which each child will experience a broad balanced curriculum, develop positive attitudes and acquire a sense of achievement, self-confidence and self-discipline.
We aim to:
- Raise levels of attainment for all pupils, enabling them to achieve their personal best.
- Develop confident, disciplined and enquiring learners, able to make informed choices.
- Foster a love of learning.
- Foster self-esteem and personal responsibility, linked to respect for the needs and feelings of others.
- Facilitate considerate and positive relationships between all members of the school community.
- Help pupils to develop strategies for self-evaluation, thus enabling them to realise their potential for learning and capacity for enjoyment.
- Support and develop an awareness of a healthy lifestyle
- Ensure equal opportunities and help children develop a reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs towards different religions, races and cultures.
- Provide a safe and happy work place.
- Promote a thoughtful attitude towards the immediate and wider environment.
Our goal is to develop the skills, concepts, attitudes and moral values necessary for each child to take their place in the world as an active, responsible member of society, capable of achieving as much independence as possible.