We are school that uses Pearson's Phonics Bug as a basis for the teaching of phonics.
We are a school that uses Oxford Reading Tree as a basis for our reading scheme.
We are a school that uses OUP's Inspire Maths as a basis for our mathematics scheme. We are also part of the
Inspire Maths Advocate School Programme.
We are a user of Cornertones Education for much of our work.
We believe that successful curriculums are built on inspirational learning activities and high-quality teaching. It’s about creating a classroom environment that allows children to learn in a way that motivates and interest them.
At the ‘Engage’ stage, children:
- gain memorable first-hand experiences, such as going on a visit or inviting a special visitor into school
- enjoy ‘WOW’ experiences
- get an exciting introduction to a topic or theme
- begin researching and setting enquiry questions
- get lots of opportunities to make observations
- develop spoken language skills
- take part in sensory activities
- have lots of fun to fully 'engage' with their new topic.
At the ‘Develop’ stage, children:
- improve their knowledge and understanding of the topic
- develop and practice their new skills
- compose, make, do, build, investigate, explore, write for different purposes and read across the curriculum
- research their own questions and those set by others
- follow new pathways of enquiry based on their interests
- complete homework activities that support their learning.
At the ‘Innovate’ stage, children:
- apply skills, knowledge and understanding in real-life contexts
- solve real or imagined problems using everything they’ve learnt
- get inspired by imaginative and creative opportunities
- revisit anything not fully grasped at the ‘Develop’ stage.
At the ‘Express’ stage, children:
- become the performers, experts and informers
- share their achievements with parents, classmates and the community
- evaluate finished products and processes
- link what they have learnt to where they started
- celebrate their achievements!
As a parent you have access to our assessment and tracking data about your child(ren) through School Pupil Tracker Online.